Sunday, May 17, 2009

Timpanogos Cave

The Explorers
At the top!!
Brett was very interested :)

Yesterday Brett and I took decided we would do some things that have been on our "to do" list for a while. We set out at noon and went to the Timpanogos Caves. Neither of us could remember the last time we were there so we wanted to hike it again. We got our tickets and hike the mile and half up to the caves. It was perfect weather and so fun to have a Saturday out. We arrived at the top and shortly after got to go inside the cave for our designated tour time. It was interesting. It was our tour guides second day on the job and he was surprisingly very knowledgable about the caves. We were both surprised as to the size and length of the caves. Thankfully we made it out alive and got safely back down to the base. We got in the car rather tired from our four hour excursion and went down to Cabelas. We pass it every time we go home and have always wondered what it was like inside. Well, it's huge and definitely a hunters paradise. We didn't stay long cause we were exchausted. On the way home we stopped and got Five Guys Hamburgers because of all the "raving" we hear about it. It was really good and we were impressed. So, the day was successful. We definitely were excited to see the caves, the store, and try out Five Guys. Other than that we are just working, Brett's in school, and my sister Holly and her family comes in today for the week. Yeah!!

5 comments:

Katie Mellor said...

That's so funny, I just went there last weekend! We didn't go into the caves, but the hike was awesome! I unfortunately locked my keys in the car and was forced to hang out with the crazy forest rangers for 2 hours till I got it unlocked ha.. Looks like you guys had fun though!!! I want to try five guys!

Michael and Staci said...

Looks like a fun hike! Michael loves Five Guys (if I'm thinking of the right place). He compares it to In and Out Burger. Have fun with your sister in town. :-)

Alyssa said...

Whitney! How ironic that I just happened to trip over your blog!! :) It's sure fun to see what you guys are doing. I sure do miss talking to you! I hope that you are doing well!! Hopefully I'll get to talk to you soon :)

Claire said...

I love the caves! There are some famous caves here in Spain but they don't compare to the Timp. caves. My dad was a geologist and it was always fun to go with him to caves and rock formations. One of my friends calls Cabela--the store of death. She doesn't like that huge room of stuffed animals. I thought it was pretty interesting!

Holly said...

OH!! This reminds me of when Jan and I hiked to the cave!!! Memory lane.....fun times. You are so awesome for recording all of these fun things!