Wednesday, November 16, 2011

ramblings

Today has been awesome.  We woke up late and enjoyed a lovely morning.  Lincoln was so happy.  We let him cuddle in bed with us and he reacted as though he was in heaven.  He is the light of our lives.  I adore him. I declared today cleaning day because while snuggling in our warm sheets Lincoln decided to puke, and once I have to clean the sheets, why not the whole house?  Lincoln doesn't like it when I vacuum though.  As long as he can see me it's okay, but once I disappear around a wall I think he assumes I'm being eaten by the loud machine and he cries, tears and all.  After getting ready we heard a knock on the front door.  It was my dad!!  I opened the door totally surprise (although he did call me twice and text me but my phone was on vibrate).  It was a great surprise.  He stayed and talked with us and then went to a job he has today in Orem.  We live in Orem, have I even mentioned that on here??  We moved in May and we love it.  If you ever pass a big aluminum can looking building called Uncle Sam's, you're very close to us.  We live in a great spot and we love all the room we have now.  Life is crazy, but also crazy good.  Next year is a total mystery to us and it's so fun to be mystified.  I'm so excited to see what happens.  Right now Brett is just working hard, as always, and I'm home with Linc.  I love being home, I really do.  Lincoln is so much fun and I feel so honored to be his mother and take care of him.  He goes with me to clients homes sometimes for skin care and they love him so much.  Yesterday he went with me to Salt Lake to do some peels and waxing and my clients love him.  He was backwards crawling all over the place and getting stuck all over.  They laughed and laughed and commented on his huge head.  He gets that head from the Dustin side.  My head is huge, a Dustin noggin for sure.  Lincoln loves music.  If he is sad in the car I'll turn on Norah Jones or Coldplay and he goes silent and falls asleep. Speaking of Coldplay, their new cd is amazing and I want it.  Christmas is coming up and that is so exciting to me.  Yesterday I was talking to Holly and my phone lost her call 4 times.  It was really annoying and I can't wait to get a new phone next week.  I washed Lincoln's blankie this morning and he couldn't sleep without it.  He is so darling.  I made homemade pizza last night and I'm already craving it again.  I have never made good pizza.  The crust always turns out weirdly under-cooked or burned or just plain tastes bad, but it was really good.  Time to get ready.

1. pizza.
2. dad.
3. blankie.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Rozy!!!!!! I know, it was very sad to loose you on the phone so many times! I can't wait for your new phone too! :)

Lincoln is so darling. I love reading about the DETAILS of everything. That way I can mentally picture you and your day. How cute that Dad dropped in to say hi! He is such a great Dad. I miss you so much!!! I can't wait to see you in January.

Love,

Sis

Emily said...

I'm with Holly. I love seeing all the details, too. Linc is growin up and I love reading about his personality and what you guys are up to these days. Just last night at an enrichment activity I was overhearing a mom of a 3yo talk about what she does during the weeks and it made me so excited to join you in the ranks.

Andrea said...

I loved reading all of your thoughts Whit! Lincoln is so darling- I love hearing about all the little things he is doing. You're heading up to Seattle again? Fun!! Holly and Jansen can't get rid of all of us. ;) And how is the deer jerkey? Deven thinks its great but I'll be skeptical until I actually try it.

Michael and Staci said...

How fun for your dad to stop by! I love that Lincoln likes Coldplay. That's nice that you can take Lincoln with you to do skin care appointments. Sounds like life is good. :-)