I was so grateful to be in town so I could fly up to Seattle for Charlie West's funeral. I miss my little nephews so much but I am so happy they are freed from the pains of this life, and the pains that their fragile little bodies were under.
Josh and I flew up to Seattle together on Friday, December 19, while everyone grabbed different flights through that day.
Since it was my dad's birthday we all celebrated together.
Hank is so cute and says the cutest things! He is definitely a heaven-sent for them to help them heal from the holes the boys left.
On Saturday morning we headed over to Mt. Pleasant cemetery for a very rainy, wonderful service with our family.
Mia gave the most amazing little talk. She had pictures of Charlie with words written on the back. After she had shown all her pictures she paused and started to cry. Then she said, "I just loved him so much. He was so cute. I miss him. I loved him so much." There wasn't a dry eye. The spirit was so strong and you could feel her sadness and pain in her words. It was one of the sweetest and saddest things I have ever seen and will never forget it. She is so sweet and so tender.
Jansen and the kids made his coffin. It was beautiful. They laid Charlie's coffin on top of Boden's, so they are in the same hole together.
They released doves after the service and it was beautiful as well. I love the symbolism of the doves, especially for how sick the boys were. Their spirits are finally free from the pain of their bodies and are free to sore in the heavens.
We were also able to attend church with Holly's family on Sunday. I sat by Lucy and she said she wanted to draw me a picture. She drew Charlie, complete with his cleft, and wrote the words "No one is Perfect" below it. Talk about amazing! The things we all have learned from the boys are priceless.
It was so wonderful to be with my family and support Holly. Brett and his family were so amazing to watch the boys for me while I was gone. I'm so grateful for the gospel and the peace that the resurrection brings. It's truly amazing that we will see those sweet, angel boys again.
1. Boden Hal Richins.
2. Charlie West Richins.
3. Families are forever.
.png)

.png)
.png)

No comments:
Post a Comment