Another trip across the country. We are becoming pros! This time was definitely our favorite. Lincoln was an absolute champ and we were so happy to have him with us.
This time we went further north into Pennsylvania and went to the Frank Lloyd Wright house, Fallingwater. It has been a huge dream of mine to go there since I was in high school. Brett surprised me on Mother's Day with a ticket for me to go tour the house. It was seriously spectacular! I loved it. I may or may not have cried. It was incredible.
Can you believe it was built in 1936?? And that Frank, at 67, did over 200 projects after this project. He believed in having architecture more in tune with nature, thus Fallingwater is built over a waterfall. It was so inspiring. While I was inside, Brett and Lincoln walked the grounds. A rainstorm moved in and soaked the boys. They were such sports to wait for me!
Next we drove to Ohio and stayed with Hannah. It was so fun to see her and Lyla!
When we were driving to Chicago, we realized it was 55 degrees. We didn't want to walk around Chicago in the cold, so we changed plans and went to Wisconsin Dells and stayed the night at a Great Wolf Lodge. It was so great! Lincoln was in heaven. Wisconsin Dells is one of the weirdest cities on the planet. It was FILLED with indoor and outdoor waterparks of all types.
The scariest gas station in South Dakota. I honestly thought Brett wouldn't come out after paying for the gas...
Mount Rushmore was SO amazing! We had such a great time there. Lincoln loved seeing "Lincoln". I can't believe that people actually sculpted this monument. Really inspiring and beautiful.
South Dakota into Wyoming...really beautiful...
After 35 hours...things got a little crazy...
1. Brett and his sense of humor-always keeps me entertained.
2. The beautiful U.S.A.
3. Fallingwater
No comments:
Post a Comment