Sunday, May 30, 2010

Close Call

Last Sunday a freak rain/snow storm hit the Wasatch Front. Sadly, it coincided exactly with the same night we picked up Brett's moms Lexus from his home in Kaysville. After a long, rainy drive home, we made it to Provo and parked for the night.

In the morning, this is what was found.
When Brett walked out to drive to school, our neighbor said to him, "Dude, did you see the tree that fell? Your car is alright, but someones Lexus got hammered." The Lexus he was talking about was unfortunately Claire's Lexus.
Upon inspection of the crime scene the large branch had fallen from about 30 feet up and missed the car by about 6 inches, although several smaller branches hit the windshield. Luckily, no damage was done to the car.

1. I gave a talk in sacrament today and it's over!!
2. Got to spend today with Brett, it seems like I haven't seen him in so long!
3. Josh's graduation this Friday.

6 comments:

Emily said...

woahh. definitely a close call. got to love taht crazy provo weather! and i totally wish i could have heard that talk you gave. I bet it was FAB.

Claire said...

Too funny--"someone's Lexus". I had to laugh. But, it is nice that there was no damage.
Whitney, if you typed up your talk, I'd love to read it. I am sure you did a great job. We love you!

Michael and Staci said...

CRAZY!!! I'm glad it just missed. I hope your talk in sacrament meeting went well. I get SO nervous when I have to talk in front of so many people.

Katie Mellor said...

scary! That story is so funny. Hopefully the Lexus is still alive when I get back :) I hope your talk went well!

Andrea said...

Whoa! I'm glad nothing happened! Thats never a good feeling.

Holly said...

Phew!!!! I was happy to hear the story firsthand (hehehe!)

I love you so much sis! Call me today when you have a break!

Love,
Sis