This last month I haven't posted much at all, mostly because I have just been busy. First, I scheduled a visit to my lovely dermatologist (since having a baby definitely helped me hit my deductible) and found that I had a couple really bad moles. One was on my lower calf on my left leg, and another on the back of my upper right leg. The doctor took biopsies on both and found that both were cancer. After a long week of not knowing what was going to happen, I went in and they surgically removed the one on my upper right leg. The one on my left calf thankfully had been fully removed by the biopsy. The one they had to remove was rather large, 5 mm tumor with a 2 1/2 inch incision. Thankfully both were Basal Cell Carcinomas and they are both gone now, leaving me with a scar and more sun screen in hand. :) But, how ironic for an Esthetician to get skin cancer, right?
Anyway, this is not a big deal, but for posterity's sake I wanted to post that I finished my Associates of Science degree from UVU last fall and graduate this friday. I took a couple classes last year during the summer and two in the fall to finish up my generals and am so happy I did. I have had a rather interested college life, but I really am proud of myself for all the work I have done so far in school. I'm so happy to have something that shows that I finished my generals, for now, and maybe someday I will go back and do Architecture or Dietetics. I am also happy that I have my Master Esthetician License. I thoroughly enjoy skin care and helping people to feel their best in their own skin. I have so much enjoyed helping friends and family feel confident about themselves (even my dad lets me work on him, and he likes it :)). It really brings me so much happiness to help other people and use a skill that I love so much. Yea for graduating and education!!

1 comment:
First of all- I love all these posts!! I know I get to hear it all first hand, but its still fun to read because I miss some things like- your graduation! I was so wrapped up in getting done with my stuff I didn't think it through. Congrats Whit!! Little did I know that it was I who needed to make you a gorgeous wreath. I think the world of you and you're such an example to me. Love you! PS I dare anyone to make that cinderblock rabbit hole as beautiful as you did.
Post a Comment