Friday, January 15, 2010

Take Two!

For this brand new year one of my resolutions was to learn how to make a new recipe, whether it be entres, desserts, salads, what have you, each week of this new year. Some of you may remember a recent experience I had with baking of bread. It was a failure. F.a.i.l.u.r.e. So, instead of waiting until the last week of the year to try again, I decided this was the week to face my fear head on. I went to the grocery store and got the needed supplies. This morning I woke with a little bit of fear in my belly hoping that this time it would be a success. At 11am this morning, I began. I laid out all my needed ingredients.
As you can see here....
And nervously began....
And after some mixing, adding, measuring, rolling out, and cooking....
3 Successful loaves were born!!!!!!!!! I couldn't be happier. (Actually I could, the shape was a little weird, I'll work on that.) But all in all I am extremely pleased.
Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

P.S. One of my other resolutions is to be more Grateful. My wonderful sister Holly posts 3 things she is grateful for at the end of every post. I think it's a fantastic idea and I hope she won't mind if I copy. :)
1. Work.
2. My BREAD!!
3. Blue skies today.

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

congrats on successful bread making!

Holly said...

Awesome, sis!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad it turned out well!! I was wondering about it today!

Love ya!

Lindsay Edward said...

YAY! I'm so happy you had success. Those look tasty! P.S. You are heaven-sent for your miracle working skin potions. haha

Ben and Lindsay said...

mmmmm that looks wonderful. way to go!

Andrea said...

Congrats Whit!! I'm so excited for you. I'm still too chicken to try that. And I'm excited for that first weekend in March... YAY!