Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Missed You

So, I went on a cruise over my first mother's day and didn't have Lincoln with me.
I was so sad.  
Lincoln is literally my little buddy.  Obviously the cruise was way more fun without him-seriously who would take a 4 month old on a cruise?  We had a great time, but I truly missed my little pal.  We have so much fun together and I love him with all my heart.
Being a mom is so different than I thought it was going to be-and it's so much better than what I thought.
Yes, the crying, the screaming, the poopy diapers, the anxiety over schedules and nap times and ear infections-
all TOTALLY hard and all TOTALLY worth it.
I love being a mom.  Thinking about the fact that God gave us this sweet little boy brings me to tears.
Yesterday he laughed while I was getting him dressed cause I hit a tickley area on his legs and I started
to cry.  He is so precious and straight from heaven.  
I cried on our way home from Orlando on Saturday thinking that I was going to be able to see him soon.  
I came home and picked him up out of bed and I cried.  
I held him and kissed him and...well, he woke up and he wasn't very happy I woke him, but I couldn't wait.  
I love to see him smile.  
I love his sweet blue eyes and his blonde hair that grew so much while I was gone. 
 I love his big belly and his big head.  I love that he loves the bath and that he loves to splash around.  
I love his legs and that they are so tickley.  
I love the way he looks at Brett.  
I love the way he looks at me.  
I love that he is a 24/7 full time job.  
I love that I hate to be away from him.  
I love that he is ours forever.  
I love that God made families eternal so that we will never, ever lose him.  
I love the sacrifice it takes to be a mother, it makes me love my mother even more. 
It hurts my heart when people say that they are just a mother, because being a mother is the greatest, hardest, most rewarding job that there is and I'm very proud to 
be a mother.

4 comments:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Amen! I loved reading this, being a mother has completely changed my life and I love it! I can tell you are such a wonderful mommy to your sweet Lincoln!

Michael and Staci said...

Love your post! I'm glad you and Lincoln are back together after not being together for Mother's Day! :-)

Andrea said...

This makes me SO dang excited. I seriously can't wait!!!!! You are the best Mom- I'm learning so much from you.

Claire said...

What a beautiful blog. Thanks for sharing this with us. Lincoln is such a lucky little man to have such a wonderful mom.