I need to vent. Not in a bad way. In a therapeutic, good vent way.
My life right now is so great. It's crazy, but oh so great. This last Sunday as my family was around us to celebrate Lincoln, I was overcome with gratitude to my Heavenly Father for all that he has given me. I am so blessed to have family, shelter, education, and a loving husband and beautiful little boy. The future scares me, but it makes me excited to dive into the unknown. I wondered on Sunday where we will be next year on Lincoln's birthday. Maybe here, or there, or everywhere. Sometimes I find myself overcome by how good our life is and the blessings God has given us. Brett has been so blessed in school. He works so hard and is so righteous. He's my rock and makes me strive to be a better person. I'm so grateful that God gave him to me and then gave us a little boy to love. He's a crazy little boy. Today as we were eating lunch together he was babbling away, looking at goldfish and then eating them up. Claire always says that he's so beautiful, and he really is. I'm so thankful to be his mother. Before I was a wife and mother I found joy in such weird things and now my biggest joys come from seeing my husband happy and playing with Lincoln. Lincoln woke up at 7:30 this morning and I gave him a bottle and we laid on the couch and cuddled while he drank. Once he was finished with his bottle we cuddled and read the new books he got for his birthday. He loves reading and loves to turn the pages. I love his curiosity. He was born with such big, open eyes. I love them so much. A man at the grocery store yesterday talked to me in line for a while. He told me to cherish Lincoln everyday because pretty soon they are all grown up and then you miss them interrupting your dinner and waking you up in the morning. I know he's right and I'm trying so hard to gobble up all the little moments I get with him. Anyway, to sum up this post-I am grateful. That's all I had to say.
2 comments:
I know what you mean- its hard, but you love it at the same time. And Claire is right- you have a beautiful little boy and he's lucky to have two wonderful parents.
LOVED your gratitude post. It will be interesting to see where you will be on Lincoln's birthday next year. Good luck figuring it all out.
Post a Comment